A word about Hurricane Harvey
A word about Disaster Relief Funds
- United Way of Dane County exists to help our community address its toughest challenges and support our donors in their philanthropic choices. For that reason, individuals in Dane County have the opportunity to support
various United Way disaster relief funds, created by United Way Worldwide.
- These disaster relief funds have been created to support local communities in in the surrounding areas of Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and the recent earthquake in Mexico.
- As part of our mission to build stronger communities, and to fight for the health and safety of every person in every community, United Ways in the affected areas will continue to raise money locally and respond to emerging needs as appropriate for their community.
- The national fund will complement those efforts and provide a single clearinghouse for individual and corporate donors who want to impact all affected areas.
- 100% of all resources raised will be distributed to the affected United Ways. No individual donations will go toward administration and overhead at United Way Worldwide or United Way of Dane County.
- In times of disaster, United Way partners for long-term response and recovery, and has a track record of effective, efficient and transparent use of all dollars.